Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Zeno's Paradox

Just like the Australians to bust out with the Moth Blog Worlds and appoint all Australian judges. I suppose it should rationally go to the country with the highest top three finishers at worlds, and nobody else seems to be taking the initiative, so I say more power. To the people.

Funny thing about virtual mothing - it's a lot like a parallel universe to real mothing, and we know that parallel lines never meet. Stuff happens over here, but nothing happens over there, and vice-versa. So while I'm sitting here typing I should really be out in the garage trimming bulkheads, but after working eleven hours sticking sharp objects into people I stopped off and had a nice meal and a beer at the local watering hole, and now it's 9pm and I just want to chill out and do a little virtual mothing while my brain decompresses. Perfect. It's like somebody said - those who can, do, and those who can't, write. When impossibly charismatic and beautiful barmaids introduce themselves and tell me to have another beer, I do. But it interferes with my writing.

There have been a lot of hints here about stuff happening in my garage. When I am done with them and have had a chance to see how they work, I will post about it, but not until then. It might cost me a place on the podium at Blog Worlds, but whoever said that stuff about swords and pens has obviously never been in a swordfight. I mean, where is the Amac blog about the development of the Bladerider? Speaking of which, if you should venture out to Skye, be sure to look this guy up. It's in a little industrial park, but well worth the trip. And be sure to order yours about a year in advance - just like your Moth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice wind up, Kiwi's love being called Aussies....

Karl said...

As long as they're not French, I think we'll be OK.

G said...

Whateva ... I may stink, but I've got a cool accent.

Kiwi said...

Calling me an Aussie is very insulting - watch out for rule 69!!!

Karl said...

Well if you're truly not a closet Aussie, why did you name a bunch of Aussies as frontrunners in the Mothoshpere Worlds before the competition even started? Certainly that shows more than a bit of Pro-Wallaby treason...At any rate, Nige is just trying to deflect attention from his own national identity crisis, so don't pay too much attention.

Dubai Moth Association said...

i bigged you up. do not pay attention to brownie, he likes sheep too much to be an aussie.